Kahr Firearms Group Defensive Challenge & Demo Days
Kahr Firearms Group Defensive Challenge & Demo Days
Don’t Worry this match is NOT not a track meet but it is fun!
The Kahr Firearms Group Defensive Challenge & Demo Day is a unique, inexpensive, pistol and pistol carbine competition designed specifically to allow participants to simulate a variety of defensive situations without an overly complex set of competition rules or regulations. The match takes place on two separate days, Saturday October 14th and Sunday October 15th with each day being a completely separate event allowing participants to shoot one day or both days with different firearms.
Additionally The Kahr Firearms Group will be supplying a variety of special firearms for participants and or guests to try, such as: the Desert Eagle 50 Cal, Thompson Carbine, M1 Carbine, Baby Desert Eagle, 1911’s and of course a wide variety of concealment and Carry handguns! You’ll just need to pay a reasonable ammo fee, and we’ll provide the ammo.
The course of fire will mimic various scenario based stages and will be similar to IDPA, will be shot on IDPA targets, moving, swinging, attacking or various steel, higher round counts than IDPA AND WITHOUT the restrictive IDPA cover and or other IDPA limiting rules. Each stage will represent a different challenge of movement, position, distance, concealment or other tests to help the shooter experience needed skills. On some stages the shooter will be required to complete a physical or mental task in addition to shooting. Each stage will only require 16 rounds properly placed to complete, however the maximum rounds fired are not limited. Therefore you can compete with anything from a USPSA open gun, to a pistol caliber carbine to a subcompact single stack, or a Thompson or and M1 Carbine. We have outlined 6 divisions for any type of pistol to be used in the match. Scoring is time plus penalties using the scoring zones of the IDPA targets.
Cost: $25 Per Day Register at the below links.
Divisions: 6 Divisions
Stages: 8 Stages
Round Count: MINIMUM 128 Rounds
- PCC: Any pistol caliber carbine chambered in 380, 9mm, 38, 357, 40, 45. Optics or irons allowed no magazine capacity limit.
- Open: Any handgun with any or all of the following; Optics, Compensator or magazine greater than 140mm.
- Limited: Any handgun with double stack magazine up to 140mm magazine and iron sights.
- Single Stack: Any handgun with single stack magazine and iron sights
- Compact carry: Any handgun with double stack magazine and barrel length 4” or shorter
- Sub compact carry: Any handgun with single stack magazine and barrel length 4” or shorter and 10 round or less magazine capacity.
Additional Equipment: Outside the waistband holsters only. Pistol caliber carbines will start aimed at a start cone designated on each stage. It is recommended you bring 2 or more magazines and magazine pouches.
Scoring: Time plus with IDPA Cardboard targets and steel. Fault line/rope will be used and stage procedures or scenarios may be used. Concealment and cover is not required. Sequence of engagement is not dictated.
Stages: Will require no more than 16 hits on steel or paper. Eight total stages will be designed to challenge shooters marksmanship and stage planning not just how fast they can shoot. Stages will use but not limited to swingers, drop turners, Attack targets, movers, reactive/falling steel, hard cover and no shoots.
Prize table: Prize table will be random draw and include SEVEN KAHR ARMS GROUP FIREARMS and firearms accessories. If you complete the match you will have just as much chance to go home with a new firearm as everybody else.
Demo Day Area: Competitors and spectators will be able to shoot the Kahr Firearms Group of guns such as: the Desert Eagle 50 Cal, Thompson Carbine, M1 Carbine, Baby Desert Eagle, 1911’s and of course a wide variety of concealment and Carry handguns! Just pay the ammo fee at Check in at PNTC HQ when you arrive for and receive a special wrist band.
Required Safety Equipment
- Hearing & Eye Protection
- Range bag
- Empty Chamber Flag Indicator for PCC
Please no children under 10 years of age permitted as spectators or shooters! We will have special event days where children under will be permitted. Please do not bring a minor by yourself and shoot in the match. Minors must be under DIRECT SUPERVISION of a parent or legal guardian at ALL TIMES at PNTC. No junior Shooters under age 10. All junior shooters must remain with a parent and must show that they are able to be safe and have good conduct.
Critical Safety Guidelines:
- Please keep your firearms UNLOADED and CASED upon arrival.
- Please bring your CASED and UNLOADED firearms to the “Safe Area” which will be located near the firing line. NO AMMO is allowed in the “Safe Area!”
- Ammo may be handled outside the “Safe Area.” Firearms may not loaded until on the line and under direction of a PNTC Range Officer.
- YOU MUST HAVE YOU CHAMBER FLAG IN UPON UNCASING THE FIREARM!
- DO NOT handle firearms at your vehicles. Use the “Safe Areas” to case and uncase and or repair firearms.
Failure to abide by these rules will result in a match disqualification without refund.