PRS Pro Tips 2017 at Peacemaker National
Sat July 1 2017 & Sun July 2 2017
Sponsors, shooter and onsite demo's will be announced soon
Attention Precision Rifle Shooters, do you have an MOA or better rifle and scope combo? Can you shoot groups at 100 yards that hide behind a dime? Are you taking precious time to load single digit SD ammo? Have you ever wanted to compete in a PRS match but don’t think you can because your only shooting experience is from a bench or prone? Have you attended a precision rifle match with positional shooting and felt your performance suffered due to your lack of practice on improvised positions? If you answered yes to any of these questions then we have the training event for you.
Peacemaker National Training Center in conjunction with the Precision Rifles Series is proud to announce the first ever sanctioned PRS Pro Tips weekend at Peacemaker National. We have gathered the top PRS Pro’s for 1 weekend in the mountains of West Virginia. These competitive long range shooting professionals will be on each stage giving tips and techniques on shooting various PRS stages. In addition we have industry sponsors on site to demo their gear on these stages. Ever wanted to know what it’s like to build a stable position on a rooftop simulator with a Wiebad Pump Pillow or successfully shoot a barricade stage with an Armageddon Gear Gamechanger? You will know after this weekend!
The format is simple and designed to allow shooter to shoot stages multiple times and with various stipulations. You may shoot stage 1 from VTAC barricade at 1 target from 4 different positions or multiple targets from different positions. And you won’t just be shooting off props, we will have prone areas for long range targets to practice hold over’s and wind bracketing techniques.
Shooters with semi-auto or bolt action rifle with magnified optics will engage targets out to 1,000 yards. On both days 4 stages will run on Frontier and 4 will run on the main complex. Squads 1-4 will shoot on Frontier on Saturday and main complex on Sunday. Squads 5-8 will shoot on the main complex on Saturday and the Frontier Range on Sunday. Shooter are free to move to stages in any order they want in their areas. Shooters are also responsible to make to all the stages in their area before the end of each day. Stages and targets will be clearly marked and correspond with stage descriptions.Each stage will have guidelines for shooter position, equipment, time limit, round count and etc. On most cases any additional equipment needed for a stage will be deployed on the clock. This is a moderately physical event involving movement and positional shooting. Shooters will be tested on marksmanship as well as their ability to overcome physical and mental stress.
Shooter must have rifle and ammo capable of 1 MOA or better at 100 yards. Rifle must have a good zero prior to event day. Scope must have exposed turrets with the ability to dial for elevation. Scope must also have reticle in Mil or MOA with graduations to hold over and under. Shooter must have adequate drop chart out to 1,000 yards. If you or your equipment does not meet these requirements please email us to discuss a private training block to get you up to speed before the event. firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Match Information:
- Registration and check from 7-8 AM Saturday July 1 2017 at PNTC HQ.
- MANDATORY safety briefing is at 8 AM sharp on Saturday July 1 2017 at the 1,000 yard line on our Patriot Range.
- Stage packets will be handed out on site to registered shooter at check in.
- Our public Independence range 50-300 yard zero range will be open from 10 AM until 4:45 PM sharp to competitors on Friday June 30 2017 at no charge.
- Once registered shooters will squad online through a return email link so make sure your email address is correct and check your spam inbox after you register.
- Stages will open at 9 AM both Saturday and Sunday.
- Food vendor will be on site for shooters/spectators to purchase lunch both days.
- Mant sponsors will be here to demo their product both days in addition to the sponsored shooters on each stage.
Number of Shooters:
100 Total Shooters.
Course of Fire / Match Info:
- For this event we will have 8 stages.
- Distances will be given but laser range finders are permitted on certain stages.
- Chamber flags are required!
- Please keep all rifles unloaded until on the line ready to fire.
- Spotting scope and tripod allowed, but no coaching.
Maximum caliber and speed:
- 30 Cal magnum
- 3150 FPS
(NOTE: If you cannot register/pay online for any reason (including website failure) you MUST call 304-229-GUNS (4867) and pre-pay your match fee and register by phone. We will add you manually to the list. No refunds are given for any reason other than PNTC canceling the match for severe weather or otherwise authorized by PNTC management.
Additional Match Info:
- 200 rounds rifle minimum.
- Bipod, pack rests, slings, rear bags are permitted unless stage restrictions.
- Suppressors permitted. (please bring your form 4)
- Semi- Automatic or bolt actions permitted.
Required Safety Equipment
- Hearing & Eye Protection
- Range Bag or Ruck
- Empty Chamber Flag Indicator
Please no children under 10 years of age permitted as spectators or shooters! We will have special event days where children under will be permitted. Please do not bring a minor by yourself and shoot in the match. Minors must be under DIRECT SUPERVISION of a parent or legal guardian at ALL TIMES at PNTC. No junior Shooters under age 10. All junior shooters must remain with a parent and must show that they are able to be safe and have good conduct.
Critical Safety Guidelines:
- Please keep your firearms UNLOADED and CASED upon arrival.
- Please bring your CASED and UNLOADED firearms to the “Safe Area” which will be located near the firing line. NO AMMO is allowed in the “Safe Area!”
- Ammo may be handled outside the “Safe Area.” Firearms may not loaded until on the line and under direction of a PNTC Range Officer.
- YOU MUST HAVE YOU CHAMBER FLAG IN UPON UNCASING THE FIREARM!
- DO NOT handle firearms at your vehicles. Use the “Safe Areas” to case and uncase and or repair firearms.
Failure to abide by these rules will result in a match disqualification without refund.
Match Registration Location:
Peacemaker National Training Center HQ Building:
1624 Brannons Ford Rd. Gerrardstown WV 25420
Phone 304-229-GUNS (4867)