Defensive Shotgun Level 1 – 11/16/19
The defensive shotgun (pump or semi-automatic) is an excellent firearm for home and real-world defensive situations. The defensive shotgun also requires a thorough understanding and appreciation of its capabilities. In this intensive course, students become familiar with proper shotgun safety, manipulation and live fire techniques. Instructors also provide a complete understanding of the limits of the shotgun’s range based on types of ammunition used, guiding students through malfunction clearing and a series of live fire drills.
This one-day world class course is taught by hand selected PNTC Instructors, Marines, SWAT and/or Law Enforcement officers.
Safety Review & Instruction
Shotgun & Gear Review
Fundamental Defensive Shotgun Operation Instruction
Loading / Reloading & Malfunctions
Live Fire Positional Shooting Skills & Drills
Target Transition Engagement Skills
Close Quarters Target Engagement Skills
- Pump or Semi-auto 12 gauge or 20 gauge
- Ammo management belt carrier
- (Optional) weapon mounted light
- Eye protection / Ear protection / Hat
– 75 Rounds of birdshot
– 15 Rounds of buck shot
– 10 Slugs
Suitable range wear depending on the season
Hat, sunscreen, bug spray etc
Bring your lunch. PNTC has snacks and drinks for a small fee.
– $200 PNTC Members
– $225 Non-Members
– $0 PNTC Training Members
This school is basic and suitable for all SAFE and responsible shooters who are looking to take the next step in their performance. Also, the course is ideal for those shooters with a military, law enforcement or tactical shooting background OR competitive shooting background; You should be in adequate physical condition, and be able to stand, bend and move for several hours outdoors; You should also be able to fire from the prone position.
Lodging can be booked at this link via Peacemaker’s Lodging Partners: peacemakernational.com/lodgingPartners(We have found that Hampton Inn tends to offer the best rates for our class)
By registering for this course student accepts all of the following;
- All students agree that all information taught will be used for lawful defensive or lawful recreational purposes only
- Student accepts that upon enrolling, PNTC reserves the right to remove students without refund for unsafe, rude or unusual behavior or in the event that students are unable to reasonably carry out training and or live fire
- Student confirms that they are not a convicted felon and are lawfully permitted to use and own legal firearms under the United States Constitution.
- Student must also accept that this course will cover basic rifle marksmanship skills
- Please ensure that your firearm is UNLOADED and cased prior to arriving at PNTC. Please leave your training firearm cased and in your vehicle upon arrival. We will tell you when it’s time to get your firearm.
- Please do not bring a “concealed carry” firearm into the training room. No ammunition or loaded firearms of any kind are permitted in the training room.
PNTC Staff/Instructors reserve the right to the determination of the successful or unsuccessful completion of the course of the individual student based on, but not limited to, safety, attitude and/or overall skill development. PNTC also reserves the right to remove any student for any safety purposes, or highly unusual or disruptive behavior with or without refund based on PNTC’s sole determination.
November 16 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm EST