Intro To Handgun Competition – 8/25/19
With the exception of the NRA’s Camp Perry, Peacemaker hosts more competitions than any other shooting complex in the USA.
With our involvement in the shooting sports, we recognize that newer shooters interested in Handgun Competition are often confused by the differences between today’s competitive handgun match disciplines. During this six hour course of instruction students will learn the differences between USPSA, Steel Challenge, Falling Steel and IDPA.
Students will also learn to draw from the holster safely, reload, shoot from various positions including the use of barricades, windows, etc. Students will also shoot an actual match courses of fire similar to ones they might encounter in an actual match. Peacemaker’s actual Bianchi Cup ranges, Steel Challenge, Falling Steel, USPSA and IDPA courses of fire will be used during this training.
Students should bring their own safe and serviceable handgun, either revolver or pistol, in a caliber of .45, .40, 9mm, at least two extra magazines or speed-loaders and belt carriers for the same, a holster and sturdy belt. However, Peacemaker has premium competition handguns for rent to students. 150 rounds of ammunition will be required per student.
By registering for this course student accepts all of the following;
- All students agree that all information taught will be used for lawful competition or recreational purposes only.
- Students are familiar with basic handgun safety and marksmanship. In addition students are capable of handling a handgun in a safe manner.
- Student accepts that upon enrolling, PNTC reserves the right to remove students without refund for unsafe, rude or unusual behavior or in the event that students are unable to reasonably carry out training and or live fire.
- I fully understand the PNTC has a no refund policy and agree to these terms. I also understand that in the event of my removal from this course for ANY REASON, that NO REFUNDS are given. I further agree that I will not attempt a chargeback through my credit card company or through PayPal or Stripe or by any other means. Moreover, PNTC may at its sole determination grant a partial or full credit for extreme hardship.
- Student confirms that they are not a convicted felon and are lawfully permitted to use and own legal firearms under the United States Constitution.
Equipment and Ammo Requirements
- Students should bring their own safe and serviceable handgun, either revolver or pistol, in a caliber of .45, .40, 9mm/.38 Special, at least two extra magazines or speed-loaders and belt carriers for the same, a quality holster and sturdy belt.
- However, Peacemaker has premium competition handguns for rent to students. 150 rounds of ammunition will be required per student.
- Please ensure that your firearm is UNLOADED and cased prior to arriving at PNTC. Please leave your training firearm cased and in your vehicle upon arrival. We will tell you when it’s time to get your firearm.
- Please do not bring a “concealed carry” firearm into the training room. No ammunition or loaded firearms of any kind are permitted in the training room.
PNTC Staff/Instructors reserve the right to the determination of the successful or unsuccessful completion of the course of the individual student based on, but not limited to, safety, attitude and/or overall skill development. PNTC also reserves the right to remove any student for any safety purposes, or highly unusual or disruptive behavior with or without refund based on PNTC’s sole determination.
August 25, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm EDT