NRA Defensive Academy Level 2 – 4/17/20
The NRA Defensive Handgun Academy Level 2 is a major step forward in teaching students defensive handgun skills relating to variety of violent attacks. You’ll reveive instruction from hand picked qualified PNTC, NRA, Marine and or Law enforcement instructors. You’ll watch videos of real defensive situations and be tested on the advanced Lasershot Defensive handgun scenarios. Students will also learn valuable awareness techniques, and will learn appropriate defensive handgun skills from top instructors on world class ranges.
Further you’ll learn advanced techniques that will improve your shooting skills and your ability to shoot and move. Moreover, this specific course also reviews two critical skills, “Defensive Mindset” & “Defensive Technique.” Both skills are critical in avoiding a defensive situation and both are equally essential for prevailing should a defensive situation become unavoidable.
The course is Simulator and Live Fire Intensive. Finally, you’ll break down into small groups and work on specific skills and defensive Scenarios with a variety of instructors.
You should fully expect this challenge your views forever on personal protection and greatly enhance your defensive shooting skills. Finally, this course will set an excellent foundation for your development of defensive handgun skills.
- Meet ONE or MORE of the Following Criteria
- Previously Passed NRA Defensive Handgun Academy Level 1 or other NRA handgun course or CCW or Basic Handgun Courses or passed equivalent courses from other qualified instructors or institutions. YOU MUST be able to Safely draw and holster a handgun.
- This course is also ideal for qualified Law Enforcement or former Law Enforcement, qualified Military or former Military with handgun training, participated in IDPA, USPSA, 3Gun, 2Gun or NRA Action Pistol competitions
- By registering for this course student accepts all of the following
- All students agree that all information taught will be used for Defensive purposes only
- Students MUST have solid, safe handgun marksmanship skills. Student must also accept that this course will not cover in great detail handgun marksmanship basics
- Student accepts that upon enrolling, PNTC reserves the right to remove students without refund for unsafe, rude or unusual behavior or in the event that students are unable to reasonably carry out training and or live fire.
- Students MUST agree to sign a PNTC waiver prior to the beginning of class. We will have waivers at our Headquarters building. You may also download our waiver from our website or call and request a waiver ahead of time.
- No persons under the age of 21 will be permitted to attend this course
No rentals – Students must have their own firearm, and gear as stated below
Equipment & Ammo Requirements
NOTE: We have 38, 9MM, 380, 40 S&W, & 45ACP available for students to purchase for class.
- All students are required to bring the following:
- Fully semi-automatic firearm (or revolver)
- Properly fitting high quality holster (We recommend a good outside the waist holster) – No shoulder or appendix holsters or SERPA style for this class please.
- 3 properly working magazines
- Caliber should be .380 or above PNTC recommends 9mm, 40S&W or 45ACP
- 100 rounds of high quality target ammunition (please do not bring junk ammo i.e Wolf, Tula, etc (Peacemaker has good ammo at a reasonable price if needed)
- Pen and Paper for notes if desired
- Hearing Protection, Baseball cap, Protective eye wear
- Please ensure that your firearm is UNLOADED and cased prior to arriving at PNTC. Please leave your training firearm cased and in your vehicle upon arrival. We will tell you when it’s time to get your firearm.
- Please do not bring a “concealed carry” firearm into the training room. No ammunition or loaded firearms of any kind are permitted in the training room.
PNTC Staff/Instructors reserve the right to the determination of the successful or unsuccessful completion of the course of the individual student based on, but not limited to, safety, attitude and/or overall skill development. PNTC also reserves the right to remove any student for any safety purposes, or highly unusual or disruptive behavior with or without refund based on PNTC’s sole determination.
April 17, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm EDT