NRA Intro To Handgun Competition – 10/30/20
The NRA’s Competitive Shooting Division is proud to present an incredible, affordable, one day Introduction to Handgun Competition School.
The NRA understands that newer shooters interested in handgun competition are often confused by the many differences between today’s competitive handgun match disciplines. During this course of instruction, students will learn the differences between USPSA, NRA Action Pistol, Steel Challenge, NRA Precision Pistol, Falling Steel and IDPA Handgun Competitions. You’ll also spend time on an advanced digital competition handgun simulator and fire actual match courses on live fire competition ranges
Students will also learn to draw from the holster safely, reload, shoot from various positions including the use of barricades, windows, etc. In addition, students will shoot actual match courses of fire similar to those they might encounter in an actual match. NRA Bianchi Cup ranges, Steel Challenge, Falling Steel, USPSA Precision Pistol, and/or IDPA courses of fire will be used during this training.
Students should bring their own safe and serviceable handgun (either revolver or pistol) in a caliber of .45, .40, 9mm; at least three (preferably four) extra magazines or speed-loaders and belt carriers for the same; a holster and sturdy belt.
Students will also utilize premier live fire ranges and the CMP Steel Targets portfolio of action style targets.
During this class, you can expect to learn:
– Safety – Handgun Competition Overview- Handgun Competition Rules & Match Etiquette – Handgun Competition gear review and recommendations- Gear set-up and match preparation- Handgun Draw & Proper Holstering – Value of the shot timer- Observation of an actual Handgun Competition – Live fire in small groups and/or class size groups- Stage planning best practices- Individual live fire techniques for competition handgun- Basic reloading techniques and malfunction clearing- Fire various Handgun Competition stages similar to what will be encountered in a match – Best practices of the continuation of your training
* This course will start in the classroom and transition to the range*
- Required Equipment:
- Full- size semi automatic handgun in 9mm, 40 S&W or 45 ACP
- Critical gear:
- Quality Outside The Waistband (OTB) holster — NO SERPA style holsters
- At least 3 magazines (preferably 4) and at least 2 magazine pouches
- Eye & hearing protection
- Brimmed Hat (ball cap)
- Bug repellent (summer/spring/fall)
- Clothing: Weather appropriate shirt and long pants (No offensive or profane clothing or sandals)
- Lunch and snacks
- Ammunition Requirements:
- 250 rounds of handgun ammunition, NO BI METAL OR STEEL CORE
- NOTE: It is important that you are prepared for class and that your firearm and ammunition is functional and safe. This course must stay focused and on time for the benefit of other students. If you have inappropriate gear, it will slow you down. If you have questions about your gear, feel free to call us at 304-229-4867 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Prerequisite: By registering for this course student accepts all of the following;
All students agree that all information taught will be used for lawful defensive or lawful recreational purposes only.
All students agree that this course is not for beginner shooters or for shooters with no shooting experience. This course is for students interested in shooting handgun competition and who have good safety skills and experience shooting handguns. Instructors will remove shooters for unsafe practices.
Student accepts that upon enrolling, PNTC and/or the NRA the reserve the sole right to remove any student/s or other person without any refund for unsafe, rude, disruptive or unusual behavior. PNTC and/or NRA may also remove the student or any person in the event that any student is unable to reasonably perform training and/or live fire.
Student confirms that they are not a convicted felon and are lawfully permitted to use and own legal firearms under the United States Constitution.
NO REFUND POLICY: PNTC HAS A STRICT NO REFUND POLICY. By registering for this and/or any PNTC event, training class, competition and or range time, I fully understand the no refund policy and agree to these terms. I also understand that in the event of my disqualification or removal from this event for ANY REASON, that NO REFUNDS are given. I further agree that if disqualified or removed from this event, I will not attempt a chargeback through my credit card company or through PayPal or Stripe or by any other means. Moreover, PNTC may at its sole determination grant a partial or full credit for extreme hardship.
Additional Safety Language
- Please ensure that your firearms are UNLOADED and cased prior to arriving at PNTC. Please leave your training firearms cased and in your vehicle upon arrival. We will tell you when it’s time to get your firearm.
- Please do not bring a “concealed carry” firearm into the training room. No ammunition or loaded firearms of any kind are permitted in the training room.
October 30 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm EDT