NRA Introduction To 3Gun School – 5/30/20
The NRA’s Competitive Shooting Division is proud to present an incredible, affordable, one-day Introduction to 3Gun Shooting School for the entry to intermediate level shooter. This class also takes place on the SAME DAY as the Peacemaker 3Gun Series, which is a regional level 3Gun series.
If you’re interested in learning about 3Gun, there is no better opportunity to learn than by having an introductory 3Gun school on world class ranges, while observing an actual 3Gun match as part of the class content on the same day!
The NRA understands that newer shooters interested in shooting 3Gun, especially for the first time, are often overwhelmed by rules, scoring, firearms requirements, gear requirements and match requirements. In this unique class, students will begin by learning proper gun safety for all three firearms and the entry level competition techniques and gear needs for 3Gun.
Students will also utilize dynamic, live fire 3gun ranges and the CMP Steel Targets portfolio of 3gun and action style targets. In addition, you’ll learn:
– Safety – 3Gun sport overview- 3Gun rules- 3gun gear review and recommendations- 3Gun gear set up and preparation- 3Gun gear management- Match etiquette – Observation of an actual 3Gun match – Live fire in small groups and/or class size groups- Stage planning best practices- Individual live fire techniques for rifle, handgun, shotgun and firearm transitions- Basic reloading and malfunction clearing- Firearms transition techniques- Fire 3Gun stages similar to what will be encountered in a match – Review of 3Gun training continuation best practices
We’ll start in the classroom and transition to the range.
- Required Equipment:
- AR style semi auto rifle in 223/556 (low magnification optics are optional but recommended)
- Full- size semi automatic handgun in 9mm, 40 S&W or 45 ACP
- Semi Auto OR Pump Shotgun 12 Gauge (20 Gauge is ok)
- Critical gear:
- Quality Outside The Waistband (OTB) holster — NO SERPA style holsters
- At least 3 magazines and at least 2 magazine pouches
- At least 2 rifle magazines
- 1 Shotgun pouch (any serviceable type will suffice for this course)
- Ammunition Requirements:
- 100 rounds of handgun ammunition
- 100 rounds .223/556 rifle ammunition NO BI METAL OR STEEL CORE
- 50 rounds shots shells (#6 or smaller)
- Eye & hearing protection
- Brimmed hat (baseball cap)
- Bug repellent (summer/spring/fall)
- Clothing: Seasonably appropriate top/jacket and long pants. No offensive or profane clothing or sandals
- Lunch and snacks
NOTE: It is important that you are prepared for class and that your rifle is zero’d and that your firearms and ammunition are functional and safe. This course must stay focused and on time for the benefit of other students. If you have inappropriate gear, it is going to slow you down. If you have questions about your gear, feel free to call us at 304-229-4867 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Prerequisite: By registering for this course student accepts all of the following;
Student agrees that all information taught will be used for lawful defensive or lawful recreational purposes only.
All students agree that this course is not for beginner shooters or for shooters with no shooting experience. This course is for students interested in shooting the sport of 3Gun who have good safety skills and experience shooting rifles, shotguns and handguns. Instructors will remove shooters for unsafe practices.
Student accepts that upon enrolling, PNTC and/or the NRA the reserves sole right to remove any student/s or other person without any refund for unsafe, rude, disruptive or unusual behavior. PNTC and/or NRA may also remove the student or any person in the event that any student is unable to reasonably carry out training and/or live fire.
Student confirms that they are not a convicted felon and are lawfully permitted to use and own legal firearms under the United States Constitution.
NO REFUND POLICY: PNTC HAS A STRICT NO REFUND POLICY. By registering for this and/or any PNTC event, training class, competition and or range time, I fully understand the no refund policy and agree to these terms. I also understand that in the event of my disqualification or removal from this event for ANY REASON, that NO REFUNDS are given. I further agree that if disqualified or removed from this event, I will not attempt a chargeback through my credit card company or through PayPal or Stripe or by any other means. Moreover, PNTC may at its sole determination grant a partial or full credit for extreme hardship.
Additional Safety Language
- Please ensure that your firearms are is UNLOADED and cased prior to arriving at PNTC. Please leave your training firearms cased and in your vehicle upon arrival. We will tell you when it’s time to get your firearm.
- PNTC requires Chamber flags for rifles and shotguns. You can bring them with you or purchase chamber flags at PNTC.
- Please do not bring a “concealed carry” firearm into the training room. No ammunition or loaded firearms of any kind are permitted in the training room.
May 30 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm EDT