NRA Introduction To Long Range Shooting – 6/13/20
- The NRA’s Competitive Shooting Division is proud to present an incredible, affordable, one-day school designed for the new to intermediate long range shooter. We realize that it’s difficult to understand how to get started in long range shooting. We also understand that even for shooters with some long range experience, becoming proficient at longer ranges can seem like a difficult goal to achieve.
- In this very special school, we’ll help you understand how to get you and your rifle on track for success. We’ll start in the classroom and and then move to long distance ranges for live fire. In this unique course you can bring your firearm or rent one of ours! The NRA finds that having world-class firearms, optics, ammo and gear makes it easy for students traveling to the course and allows students to focus on learning versus worrying about their gear. This course is designed for the shooter who is highly responsible and safe with firearms.
- You’ll learn:
- – Safety
- – Long range rifle, optics, ammunition and gear choices/selection
- – Basic long range rifle set up
- – Data collection and trajectory validation
- – Drop compensation
- – Wind compensation
- – Long range rifle marksmanship fundamentals & techniques
- – Long range competition techniques best practices
- – Long range self-training methodology
- We’ll help you get started in your long range shooting journey and get you hitting targets from 300 out to 1000 yards!
- Required Equipment:
- Rifle: Bolt action or semi-automatic 6MM to 30 caliber cartridges only Magnums are ok, but nothing over 30 cal and no .223/5.56
- Rifles must be safe and zero’d at 100 or 200 yards.
- Rifles must be capable of one minute of angle accuracy (5 shots in one inch at 100 yards)
- 60 – 80 rounds minimum match grade ammunition
- Data: If you have your rifle elevations(Drop) please have this information with you and ready for use
- Optics: A quality scope is required and must have adjustable turrets (MIL or MOA is acceptable)
- Rear Bag
- Eye & hearing protection
- Bug repellent (summer/spring/fall)
- Clothing: Seasonally appropriate top/jacket and long pants. No offensive or profane clothing or sandals
- Lunch and snacks
- OPTIONAL — Spotting scope if you have one, with tripod. We have school spotting scopes, but you should bring one if you have one.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE IN ANY WAY NOT SURE THAT YOUR FIREARM, OPTIC OR AMMO ARE NOT SUITABLE OR PREPARED FOR THIS COURSE YOU ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO RENT A PNTC RIFLE SYSTEM (RIFLE, AMMO & OPTIC)! YOU WILL GET A GREAT DEAL OUT OF THE CLASS ON ONE OF OUR RIFLE SYSTEMS. YOU CAN SELECT THIS OPTION BELOW WHEN PAYMENT IS COLLECTED.
NOTE: Various advanced long range optics, binoculars, spotting scopes, rangefinders, suppressors, Lab Radar devices, Kestrels and other products will be available to see and/or potentially use in the class as a unique additional student benefit.
Prerequisite: By registering for this course student accepts all of the following;
Student agrees that all information taught will be used for lawful defensive or lawful recreational purposes only
Student accepts that upon enrolling, PNTC and/or the NRA the reserves sole right to remove any student/s or other person without any refund for unsafe, rude, disruptive or unusual behavior. PNTC and/or NRA may also remove the student or any person in the event that any student student is unable to reasonably carry out training and/or live fire
Student confirms that they are not a convicted felon and are lawfully permitted to use and own legal firearms under the United States Constitution.
NO REFUND POLICY: PNTC HAS A STRICT NO REFUND POLICY. By registering for this and/or any PNTC event, training class, competition and or range time, I fully understand the no refund policy and agree to these terms. I also understand that in the event of my disqualification or removal from this event for ANY REASON, that NO REFUNDS are given. I further agree that if disqualified or removed from this event, I will not attempt a chargeback through my credit card company or through PayPal or Stripe or by any other means. Moreover, PNTC may at its sole determination grant a partial or full credit for extreme hardship.
Additional Safety Language
- Please ensure that your firearm is UNLOADED and cased prior to arriving at PNTC. Please leave your training firearm cased and in your vehicle upon arrival. We will tell you when it’s time to get your firearm.
- Please do not bring a “concealed carry” firearm into the training room. No ammunition or loaded firearms of any kind are permitted in the training room.
June 13, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm EDT