NRA DMR Championship
June 15-16, 2019
Match Director: Forest G.
Asst Match Directors: Neil S., Sven O.
Match Overview: Now in its 6th year, the Peacemaker DMR Championship is Title Sponsored by the NRA!
This affordable NRA Sanctioned Gas Gun Only, two-day match will be governed by PRS Gas Gun scoring rules. This match will have precision rifle targets out to 800 yards. Stages will be set in bays, natural terrain and long distance ranges.
- This match will have modest and various prizes and cash awards! - Current sponsors: (Additional Sponsors Will Be Announced Soon)
Title Sponsor: National Rifle Association
Platinum Sponsor: Geissele, Sig Sauer
Gold Sponsor: Zeiss, Custom Metal Products, PRS, Devil Dog Arms
On Saturday, 5 stages will run at the Frontier area and 5 stages will run on the main complex. Squads 1-5 will shoot on Main complex on Saturday morning, then transition to the Frontier area Saturday afternoon. Squads 6- 10 will start on the Frontier, then move to the Main complex in the afternoon. On Sunday squads 1-5 will start at the Frontier area and finish on Main complex in the afternoon. Squads 6-10 will start on the Main complex Sunday then finish at the Frontier area. Stages and targets will be marked and correspond with stage description. Any questions can be asked at the match briefing or before shooting the stage. Each stage will have guidelines for shooter position, equipment, time limit, round count, etc. In most cases, any additional equipment needed for a stage will be deployed on the clock. This is a moderately physical event involving movement and positional shooting. Shooters will be tested on marksmanship as well as their ability to overcome physical and mental stress.
Match Fees/Cost $145 PNTC Members $155 Non-Members
Match Location Peacemaker National Training Center HQ Building: 1624 Brannons Ford Rd. Gerrardstown, WV 25420 Phone 304-229-GUNS (4867)
- Early check from 10 AM-5 PM on Friday, June 14th, 2019 at the PNTC HQ
- PRS Gas Gun Rules: https://www.precisionrifleseries.com/static/media/uploads/2017_gas_gun_rules.pdf
- MANDATORY safety briefing is at 7AM sharp, on Sat June 15, 2019 at the 1,000 yard line on our Patriot Range.
- Match books will be handed-out on site to registered shooter at check-in
- Our public Independence Range (50-300 yard zero range) will be open until 4:45 PM to competitors on Friday, June 14, 2019, at no charge
- Once registered via Practiscore, shooters will squad online through a return email link, so make sure your email address is correct and check your spam inbox after you register
- Match will start at 8AM both Saturday and Sunday
- Lunch will be available for purchase each day for an additional $8 fee payable at the Headquarters Building. Staff eats free. Lunch will be pizza and a drink both days.
- Match staff and officials will shoot on Thursday & Friday prior to the official match dates. Match Staff will have a separate prize table.
- If you are interested in being a match RO and running a squad and receiving the following match benefits: 1) shoot the match for free, 2) Draw from a separate match prize table. Receive Free lunch each day. Please apply by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: “NRA DMR Match Staff Request”. Note: By sending this request to join our match staff as a volunteer, you are “applying” and are not guaranteed to be approved. PNTC only accepts patient, highly responsible match staff with excellent manners, experience and leadership.
- Any unsportsmanlike conduct at any time during the event as determined by the NRA or PNTC will result in an immediate match disqualification.
- Open: Open Division rifles will not exceed a caliber of .30 or a velocity of 3,200
fps. A match DQ will result any rounds over the speed limit of 3,200 fps (+/- 32 fps for environmental factors and equipment discrepancies).
- Tactical Light: Tactical Light Division rifles are restricted to 5.56 NATO/.223 Remington
calibers only. Bullet weight cannot exceed 77 grains and muzzle velocity cannot exceed 3000fps.
- Tactical Heavy: Tactical Heavy Division rifles are restricted to 7.62 NATO/.308 Winchester
calibers only. Bullet weight cannot exceed 178 grains and muzzle velocity cannot exceed
Number of Shooters 120 Total Shooters
Additional Match Information
- This match we will have 20 stages
- This is a rifle match with a handgun component (not to exceed 25% of target count per Gas Gun Rules).
- Targets may be of any size but, per PRS GasGun rulebook, AT LEAST 25% MUST be 2MOA or smaller. Prepare accordingly.
- Distances will be given, but laser range finders are permitted.
- Chamber flags are required!
- Please keep all rifles unloaded with chamber flag installed until on the line and until you are instructed to load by a match official
- Please keep handguns holstered, COMPLETELY empty, when not in used during a stage.
- Spotting scope and tripod allowed. Shooters not currently preparing, firing a stage, scoring, etc. may be on glass. Any coaching of a shooter during stage time (to include references to bullet impact locations) will be grounds for immediate disqualification without right of appeal.
- If you have a spotting scope, please bring it (we will need as much glass as possible)
- Competitors are expected to help score, spot and reset
- 250 rounds rifle minimum.
- 100 rounds pistol minimum.
- Bipod, pack rests, slings and rear bags are permitted unless limited by stage restrictions.
- Suppressors permitted
Maximum caliber and speed
- 30 Cal Magnum
- NO Bi-metal or steel core or tracer ammo!
Required Safety Equipment
- Hearing & Eye Protection
- Range Bag or Ruck
- Empty Chamber Flag Indicator
Required minimum shooting equipment
- Optic equipped precision semi-automatic rifle capable of extended range engagement of point targets.
- Sling capable of supporting and retaining the rifle during movement.
- Two rifle magazines minimum.
- Duty style handgun of revolving or semi automatic type. This handgun must, at minimum, be chambered for 9x19mm. No optical sights of any type are permitted on the handgun. Handgun may not be chambered for a rifle cartridge. Ported barrels and compensators are permitted. There is no magazine capacity restriction unless a loaded round count is specified in stage description.
- Duty style holster capable of retaining handgun during vigorous physical movement such as running, jumping, or crawling.
- Two handgun magazines minimum.
Safety Keep your firearm(s) unloaded and cased upon arrival to our ranges and do not handle them at your vehicle. Once you reach a designated safe area, firearms can be uncased and a chamber flag inserted. If you are in need of a chamber flag, they are available at PNTC HQ.
Safe areas are to be kept free of ammunition at all times. Firearms are not to be loaded until the shooter is on the firing line and under the direction of a PNTC Range Officer.
DO NOT handle firearms at your vehicle. Use the “Safe Areas” to case, uncase and/or repair firearms. No bi- metal, armor piercing, incendiary or tracer rounds allowed. If a magnet sticks to a projectile, it cannot be used. Failure to abide by these rules will result in a match disqualification.
Children Please no children under 10 years of age permitted as spectators or shooters! We will have special event days where children under 10 will be permitted. Please do not bring a minor by yourself and shoot in the match. Minors must be under DIRECT SUPERVISON of a parent or legal guardian at ALL TIMES at PNTC. No Junior Shooters under age 10. All Junior Shooters must remain with a parent and must show that they are able to be safe and have good conduct.