Lapua Practical Rimfire Challenge
Current Standings Click Here
March 31 2018: Complete
May 19 2018: Complete
September 1 2018 Complete
Series Finale November 3 2018 Click to Register
Key Match Information
- Check in opens at 7 AM at the PNTC HQ.
- MANDATORY safety briefing is at 8 AM sharp on at the Patriot range
- Stage descriptions will be on each stage.
- Squads will have an RO with them all day shooting the stages.
- Competitors are asked to assist in spotting and scoring.
- Once registered, shooters will squad online through a return email link. Make sure your email address is correct and check your spam inbox after you register.
- Match will start following the shooters meeting.
Match Registration Location:
Peacemaker National Training Center HQ Building:
1624 Brannons Ford Rd. Gerrardstown WV 25420
Phone 304-229-GUNS (4867)
Number of Shooters:
90 Total Shooters.
New for 2018 we are proud to have Lapua as our title sponsor for the PRC. Shooters with semi-auto or bolt action 22 LR rifle with magnified optics will engage targets out to 300 yards. Each stage will have guidelines for shooter position, equipment, time limit, round count and etc. On most cases, any additional equipment needed for a stage will be deployed on the clock. This is a moderately physical event involving movement and positional shooting. Shooters will be tested on marksmanship as well as their ability to overcome physical and mental stress. We highly recommend you come prepared with an accurate rifle zeroed, with drop chart out to 300 yards in a minimum of 25 yard increments. It is also recommended that you have a magnified optic with MOA or MIL reticle capable of 10 Mils or 32 MOA elevation. You will not have time to zero before the event. Concessions will be made for Junior shooters to complete the stages. We highly encourage children over 10 years to compete with their parents or guardians.
If you would like to shoot for free you may sent an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to be an RO for the match. Once approved you will be assigned a squad. Up to 2 RO will be accepted per squad per match and must be approved prior to the event.
Follow us on Facebook for match details and updates: Practical Rimfire Challenge
- Bolt: Any bolt action rifle with magnified optics
- Semi-auto: Any semi-auto action rifle with magnified optics.
- Junior: Competitor with bolt or semi-auto that is under 18 years old before March 31 2018.
Course Of Fire / Match Info:
- For this match, we will have 9 stages.
- Rifle only, no pistol required.
- Distances will be given but laser range finders are permitted on certain stages.
- Chamber flags are required!
- Please keep all rifles unloaded until on the firing line and instructed by an RO.
- Spotting scope and tripod allowed, but no coaching.
- 22 LR ONLY
Additional Match Info:
- 90 rounds rifle minimum.
- Bipod, pack rests, slings, rear bags are permitted unless identified as a stage restriction.
- Suppressors permitted.
- Semi-Automatic or bolt actions permitted.
For the 2018 series we will take the shooter's top 3 match scores to determine overall series ranking. We will be ranking in each division and will award trophies and prizes based on finish. Two of your scores will come from any of the first four matches. The third match score must come from the Finale in November. No limit on how many matches you can compete in. Shooter may compete in different divisions but must have at least 2 scores from one division to qualify and compete in a division in the Finale.
The first place finisher in each division will receive 100 points.
The match points for the remainder of the field is figured using the following formula:
Shooters score / winners score x 100, rounded to 3 decimal places.
You scored 89 points during the match.
The winner scored 105 points during the match.
Therefore; (89 / 105) * 100 = 84.7619 rounded to 84.762 match points
- Finish first overall at any of the first 4 matches.
- Top 25% in points from each division with a min of 2 matches (best 2 finishes in division used).
- Additional invites will be based on amount of participation in each division.
Regular Series Matches $65
Series Finale: $90
Required Safety Equipment
- Hearing & Eye Protection
- Range bag/case or cover for firearm
- Empty Chamber Flag Indicator