Defensive Carbine 1- Sunday, June 18th, 2023, 9AM-4PM
Taught by hand selected PNTC Instructors, MIL, SWAT and/or Law Enforcement officers, the PNTC Defensive Carbine Course is a one-day course that focuses on marksmanship, safe modern operation of a carbine, shooting in close quarters and teaches proper tactical maneuvers for defensive purposes. Students shoot approximately 150 rounds over the duration of the school.
This is not your normal day at the range, and we’ll show you how to utilize a carbine to its full potential and to be prepared for a variety of defensive scenarios. If you want excellent tactical carbine training from some of the best instructors — PNTC’s Tactical Carbine School is for you!
Safety Review & Instruction
Rifle, Optics and Gear Review
Fundamental Defensive Carbine Operation Instruction
Basic Tactical Sling Skills Instruction
Fundamental Rifle Marksmanship Skills Review
Carbine Zero Techniques
Loading/Reloading and Malfunctions
Positional Shooting Skills and Drills
Basic’s of Shooting with Movement & Moving to Cover & Shooting from Cover
Multiple Target Transition Engagement Skills
Close Quarters Target Engagement Skills
Scenario Based Skills & Drills
- Eye & Ear protection (electronic hearing protection recommended)
- Serviceable carbine with or without optic – typical calibers are 9mm, 45 ACP, 30 cal, 5.56 mm, 7.62 x 39mm
- Serviceable sling- suitable for a variety of shooting positions (tactical type preferred)
- Minimum 1 magazine pouch
- Minimum of 3 serviceable magazines
- 150 rounds of ammo
- Suitable range wear, depending on the season
- Brimmed hat, sunscreen, bug spray, etc.
- Bring your lunch. PNTC has snacks and drinks for a small fee.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE IN ANY WAY UNSURE THAT YOUR FIREARM, OPTIC OR AMMO ARE SUITABLE OR PREPARED FOR THIS COURSE YOU ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO RENT A PNTC RIFLE SYSTEM (RIFLE, AMMO & OPTIC)! YOU WILL GET A GREAT DEAL OUT OF THE CLASS ON ONE OF OUR RIFLE SYSTEMS.
PNTC Members $200
This school is basic and suitable for all SAFE and responsible shooters who are looking to take the next step in their performance. Also, the course is ideal for those shooters with a military, law enforcement or tactical shooting background OR competitive shooting background; You should be in adequate physical condition and be able to stand, bend and move for several hours outdoors. You should also be able to fire from the prone position.
By registering for this course student accepts all of the following;
- Student agrees that all information taught will be used for lawful defensive or lawful recreational purposes, only
- Student accepts that upon enrolling, PNTC reserves the right to remove students without refund for unsafe, rude or unusual behavior or in the event that students are unable to reasonably-carry out training and or live fire
- Student confirms that they are not a convicted felon and are lawfully permitted to use and own legal firearms in the United States
- Student must also accept that this course will cover basic rifle marksmanship skills
Please ensure that your firearm is UNLOADED and cased prior to arriving at PNTC. Please leave your training firearm cased and in your vehicle upon arrival. We will tell you when it’s time to get your firearm.
Do not bring a “concealed carry” firearm into the training room. No ammunition or loaded firearms of any kind are permitted in the training room.
Peacemaker Staff/Instructors reserve the right to the determination of the successful or unsuccessful completion of the course of the individual student based on, but not limited to, safety, attitude and/or overall skill development. Peacemaker also reserves the right to remove any student for any safety purposes, or highly unusual or disruptive behavior, with or without refund based on Peacemaker’s sole determination.