Defensive Handgun Level 1 – 10/2/20
PNTC now offers responsible citizens an affordable World Class introductory defensive handgun course that takes advantage of many timeless defensive handgun techniques. We also incorporate our unique approach to training by including significant classroom, range, video training and a focus on a key area we call your “Defensive Mindset.” More than just a class PNTC will challenge your approach to personal defense.
This specific course focuses on two key skills, “Defensive Mindset” & “Defensive Technique.” Both skills are critical in avoiding a defensive situation and both are equally essential for prevailing should a defensive situation become unavoidable.
You will learn in addition to the importance of the “Defensive Mindset” critical introductory defensive firearms related techniques such as: Drawing, Grip, Appreciation for Distance, Speed of Attackers, Critical Importance Of The Front Site, Trigger Control, Malfunctions, Reloading, Effective Defensive Hits vs Precision Hits, True Bullet Impact Effect, Multiple Attacker Engagements etc.
Finally, this is no “normal day” on the range. In this course you will be presented with extremely realistic defensive situations including vehicles, barricades, realistic targets, no-shoot targets, introductory stress levels and close / personal instruction from top and qualified Peacemaker National instructors. You should fully expect this challenge your views forever on personal protection and greatly enhance your defensive shooting skills. Finally, this course will set an excellent foundation for your development of defensive handgun skills.
- Meet ONE or MORE of the Following Criteria
- Previously Passed PNTC CCW or Basic Handgun Courses or Passed equivalent courses from other qualified instructors or institutions
- Are qualified Law Enforcement or former Law Enforcement, qualified Military or former Military with handgun training Participated in IDPA, USPSA, NRA Action Pistol competitions
- By registering for this course student accepts all of the following
- All students agree that all information taught will be used for Defensive purposes only
- Students MUST have solid, safe handgun marksmanship skills. Student must also accept that this course will not cover in great detail handgun marksmanship basics
- Student accepts that upon enrolling, PNTC reserves the right to remove students without refund for unsafe, rude or unusual behavior or in the event that students are unable to reasonably carry out training and or live fire.
- Students MUST agree to sign a PNTC waiver prior to the beginning of class. We will have waivers at our Headquarters building. You may also download our waiver from our website or call and request a waiver ahead of time.
- No persons under the age of 21 will be permitted to attend this course
– PNTC Training Member = $0
– PNTC Member = $175
– Non-Member = $199
No rentals – Students must have their own firearm, and gear as stated below
Equipment & Ammo Requirements
NOTE: We have 38, 9MM, 380, 40 S&W, & 45ACP available for students to purchase for class.
- All students are required to bring the following:
- Fully semi-automatic firearm (or revolver)
- Properly fitting high quality holster (We recommend a good outside the waist holster) – No shoulder or appendix holsters for this class please.
- 3 properly working magazines
- Caliber should be .380 or above PNTC recommends 9mm, 40S&W or 45ACP
- 100 rounds of high quality target ammunition (please do not bring junk ammo i.e Wolf, Tula, etc (Peacemaker has good ammo at a reasonable price if needed)
- Pen and Paper for notes if desired
- Hearing Protection, Baseball cap, Protective eye wear
- Please ensure that your firearm is UNLOADED and cased prior to arriving at PNTC. Please leave your training firearm cased and in your vehicle upon arrival. We will tell you when its time to get your firearm.
- Please do not bring a “concealed carry” firearm into the training room. No ammunition or loaded firearms of any kind are permitted in the training room.
PNTC Staff/Instructors reserve the right to the determination of the successful or unsuccessful completion of the course of the individual student based on, but not limited to, safety, attitude and/or overall skill development. PNTC also reserves the right to remove any student for any safety purposes, or highly unusual or disruptive behavior with or without refund based on PNTC’s sole determination.
October 2 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm EDT