Precision Rimfire Competition Level 1 – 3/20/20
In 2017 PNTC Launched the exciting new sport of PRC (Practical Rimfire Challenge). Since that time the sport has developed into a field precision shooting series at PNTC sponsored by Lapua. In this form of shooting competitors assume a variety of field shooting positions and engage target from 30 to 300+ yards! The sport is a precision rifle event restricted to 22LR. We shoot out to or over 300 yards and in positions from standing, kneeling supported and prone. Most people compete with a bolt action or semi-auto rifle with magnified optics that have the ability to dial or precisely hold over out to 300 yards. Additionally PNTC has launched a all prone rimfire long range match called Rimfire Long Range Challenge.
With the demand for a long range precision rimfire school PNTC is now offering an exciting long range rimfire shooting school. If you are interested in learning or improving your long range shooting or competition skills this is the school for you!
We will help you with shooting instruction, helpful live fire drills, positional shooting instruction, use of props and barricades, bag use, actual stages of fire and demonstrations. We’ll also of help you with your equipment and explain how to set it up and what to do with it once you get to the match.
Bring out your 22LR rifle and give it a try. We’ll help you with your elevations and get you on target!
Safety Review & Instruction
Rifle, Optics & Gear Review
Setting up the rifle
Drop Compensation & Wind Compensation Basics
Fundamental Marksmanship Instruction
Shooting with Bags
Carbine Zero Techniques
Loading / Reloading & Malfunctions
Match Techniques and best practices
- Rifle chambered in .22LR bolt or semi-auto
- Optic capable of dialing elevations
- Eye & Ear protection (electronic hearing protection recommended)
- Chamber Flag/Empty Chamber Indicator
- 125 Rounds of match grade 22LR (PNTC has this if you needed it for a small fee)
- 3-5 magazines
- Shooting bags/bipod etc
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Hat, sunscreen, bug spray etc
- Bring your lunch. PNTC has snacks and drinks for a small fee.
$175 PNTC Members
$0 PNTC Training Members
This school is basic and suitable for all SAFE and responsible shooters who are looking to take the next step in their performance. Also, the course is idea for those shooters with a military, law enforcement or tactical shooting background OR competitive shooting background; You should be in adequate physical condition and be able to stand, bend and move for several hours outdoors; You should also be able to fire from the prone position.
Lodging can be booked at this link via Peacemaker’s Lodging Partners Partners: peacemakernational.com/lodgingPartners(We have found that Hampton Inn tends to offer the best rates for our class)
By registering for this course student accepts all of the following;
- All students agree that all information taught will be used for lawful defensive or lawful recreational purposes only
- Student accepts that upon enrolling, PNTC reserves the right to remove students without refund for unsafe, rude or unusual behavior or in the event that students are unable to reasonably carry out training and or live fire
- Student confirms that they are not a convicted felon and are lawfully permitted to use and own legal firearms under the United States Constitution.
- Student must also accept that this course will cover basic rifle marksmanship skills
NOTE: We have ammo available for purchase
- Please ensure that your firearm is UNLOADED and cased prior to arriving at PNTC. Please leave your training firearm cased and in your vehicle upon arrival. We will tell you when it’s time to get your firearm.
- Please do not bring a “concealed carry” firearm into the training room. No ammunition or loaded firearms of any kind are permitted in the training room.
PNTC Staff/Instructors reserve the right to the determination of the successful or unsuccessful completion of the course of the individual student based on, but not limited to, safety, attitude and/or overall skill development. PNTC also reserves the right to remove any student for any safety purposes, or highly unusual or disruptive behavior with or without refund based on PNTC’s sole determination.
March 20, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm EDT