Shotgun Clay Sports Level 1 – 8/28/20
The shotgun sports offer great fun to responsible gun owners of all ages. In this unique entry level course we’ll help you learn proper safety and the skills needed to enjoy the Trap, skeet & five stand. We’ll begin in the classroom and then move to PNTC’s Shotgun ranges and begin with the basic skills and live fire drills. We’ll then move to the Trap and Skeet ranges and finish the day shooting 5 Stand!
All your birds are covered in the class fee! You won’t find a better way to get started or improve your clay shooting skills!
This one-day world class course is taught by hand selected PNTC shotgun Instructors,
Safety Review & Instruction
Shotgun & Gear Review
Fundamental Shotgun Operation Instruction
Loading / Reloading & Malfunctions
Live Fire Skills & Drills
Basics of breaking clay birds
Trap / Skeet / 5 Stand Fundamentals
Target Transition Engagement Skills
Leading and Follow Through
- Pump or Semi-auto 12, 20 or 28 gauge
- Ammo caddy or shotgun vest
- Eye protection / Ear protection / Hat
NOTE: IF YOU ARE IN ANY WAY NOT SURE THAT YOUR SHOTGUN IS NOT SUITABLE OR PREPARED FOR THIS COURSE YOU ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO RENT A PNTC SHOTGUN. YOU WILL GET A GREAT DEAL OUT OF THE CLASS ON ONE OF OUR SHOTGUNS. YOU CAN SELECT THIS OPTION BELOW WHEN PAYMENT IS COLLECTED.
– 150 Rounds of birdshot (#7.5 or #8)
Suitable range wear depending on the season
Hat, sunscreen, bug spray etc
Bring your lunch. PNTC has snacks and drinks for a small fee.
Course Cost (ALL BIRDS ARE INCLUDED IN COURSE FEE)
– $200 PNTC Members
– $225 Non-Members
– $0 PNTC Training Members
This school is basic and suitable for all SAFE and responsible shooters who are looking to take the next step in their performance. You should be in adequate physical condition, and be able to stand and bend.
Lodging can be booked at this link via Peacemaker’s Lodging Partners: peacemakernational.com/lodgingPartners(We have found that Hampton Inn tends to offer the best rates for our class)
By registering for this course student accepts all of the following;
- All students agree that all information taught will be used for lawful defensive or lawful recreational purposes only
- Student accepts that upon enrolling, PNTC reserves the right to remove students without refund for unsafe, rude or unusual behavior or in the event that students are unable to reasonably carry out training and or live fire
- Student confirms that they are not a convicted felon and are lawfully permitted to use and own legal firearms under the United States Constitution.
- Student must also accept that this course will cover basic rifle marksmanship skills
- Please ensure that your firearm is UNLOADED and cased prior to arriving at PNTC. Please leave your training firearm cased and in your vehicle upon arrival. We will tell you when it’s time to get your firearm.
- Please do not bring a “concealed carry” firearm into the training room. No ammunition or loaded firearms of any kind are permitted in the training room.
PNTC Staff/Instructors reserve the right to the determination of the successful or unsuccessful completion of the course of the individual student based on, but not limited to, safety, attitude and/or overall skill development. PNTC also reserves the right to remove any student for any safety purposes, or highly unusual or disruptive behavior with or without refund based on PNTC’s sole determination.