2021 Spring & Fall Lapua Long Range Rimfire Tournaments
The Spring and Fall Lapua Long Range Rimfire Tournament, is presented by Lapua as the Title Sponsor. With PRS recently adopting rimfire shooting to their offering, Peacemaker decided to eliminate the PRC scoring used at PNTC over the past four years and participate as part of the PRS Rimfire sport and conduct scoring under the PRS Rimfire rules.
The Spring Lapua PRS Long Range Rimfire Tournament is for 22LR only and is the first of two Long Range Rimfire tournaments at Peacemaker in 2021. The Second tournament will be in the fall. You may register below for the Spring and the fall tournaments. The fall tournament registration opens the day after the spring tournament concludes.
Target ranges out to 300+ yards. with some targets or bonus stages out to 500 yards. This match has significant positional shooting requirements and stages are similar to Precision Rifle Series stages. This event requires limited movement and positional shooting. See match page for full details.
Gold Level sponsors are Zeiss, Magnum Research. Additional supporting sponsors will be announced soon. To become a series sponsor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: PRC Sponsor Request.
Spring Tournament Registration Links & Match Dates:
Sat May 15th & Sun May 16th 2021: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Fall Tournament Registration Links & Match Dates:
Sat Sept 4th, 2021: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
$55 PNTC Members, Per Tournament
$60 Non-PNTC Members, Per Tournament
- Shooters select either semi-auto or bolt action division. All rifles must be chambered in 22 LR and have magnified optics
- Suppressors in both divisions are frequently used and are accepted (Be sure to have your suppressor paperwork with you at all times and maintain possession of your suppressor at all times)
- The match website is https://peacemakernational.com/prc
- The PRC Facebook Page is https://www.facebook.com/lapuapracticalrimfirechallenge/
- Each stage will have course of fire guidelines for shooter position, equipment, time limit, round count, etc.
- In most cases, any additional equipment needed for a stage will be deployed on the clock.
- This is a moderately physical event involving movement and positional shooting. We highly recommend you come prepared with an accurate rifle zeroed, with drop chart out to 300+ yards or even 500 yards. It is also recommended that you have a magnified optic with MOA or MIL reticle capable of 10+ Mils or 32+ MOA elevation. You will not have time to zero before the event. Some concessions will be made for Junior or special needs shooters to complete the stages.
- If you would like to be a Range Officer (RO) and compete in this event without a match fee charge, you MUST send an email with this request to email@example.com Subject Line: PRC RO Request. Requests to be an RO are just that, they are requests. Requests must be approved by the match director prior to each event. RO’s are expected to have solid leadership skills, proper manners, high integrity and support the match director and the PRC sport.
Additional Match Information
- For Saturday & Sunday squads check in opens at 8AM SHARP at PNTC HQ
- The MANDATORY safety briefing is at 8:45AM sharp at the Patriot range. The match begins promptly after the safety briefing.
- Stage descriptions will be on each stage or be provided to shooters
- Squads will have an RO with them all day shooting the stages
- Competitors are asked to assist in spotting and scoring
- Anyone may communicate with the match director regarding safety, rules, scoring, procedure, etc.
- Once registered, shooters will squad online through a return email link. Make sure your email address is correct and check your spam inbox after you register.
- 9 -10 stages per event
- Rifle only, no pistol required
- Distances will be given but laser range finders are permitted
- Chamber flags are required!
- Keep all rifles unloaded, with chamber flags inserted and DO NOT LOAD until instructed to load by an RO.
- Spotting scopes and tripods are allowed. PNTC has spotting scopes provided by Zeiss, but additional spotting scopes are always needed. Please bring them with you if you have them. Also, binoculars are helpful.
- No coaching is permitted
- These matches sell out quickly. Be sure to register as soon as the links are available to ensure your spot in the match.
Number of Shooters:
60 Shooters Saturday & Sunday
- Bolt: Any bolt action rifle with magnified optics
- Semi-auto: Any semi-auto action rifle with magnified optics.
NOTE: There are only TWO divisions Bolt & Semi-Auto
- 22 LR ONLY
Ammunition and Gear Info:
- 125 rounds minimum
- No steel core or tracer ammo. If a magnet sticks to your bullet it will not be permitted. If you shoot unauthorized ammunition at our targets you will be disqualified and charged for damaged steel.
- Bipod, pack rests, slings, rear bags are permitted unless identified as a stage restriction.
- Suppressors permitted
PRS Rimfire Scoring Rules & Prize Table Information
- Each Tournament will be scored independently and each tournament will have winners based on OVERALL ORDER OF FINISH AND NOT BY DIVISION.
- Prizes will be awarded to the exent that sponsors supply prizes and will be collected in order of finish. Random prizes may also be given at sponsors requests.
- All prize table awards are subject to change at the SOLE DISCRETION of PNTC.
- Any unsportsmanlike conduct at the sole determination of PNTC, at any time, to include the prize table may result in a match or series disqualification with no refund, no right to awards and/or prize table and/or lifetime a ban from PNTC
Required Safety Equipment
- Hearing & Eye Protection
- Range bag/case or cover for firearm
- Empty Chamber Flag Indicator
Keep your firearm(s)unloaded and cased upon arrival to our ranges and do not handle them at your vehicle! Once you reach a “safe area,” firearms can be uncased and a chamber flag inserted. If you need a chamber flag, they are available at PNTC HQ for a nominal fee. Safe areas are to be kept free of ammunition at all times. Firearms are not to be loaded until the shooter is on the firing line or under the direction of a PNTC Range Officer. Failure to abide by match and general PNTC rules will result in a match disqualification and/or permanent removal from PNTC
No children under 10 years of age permitted as spectators or shooters. All minors under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and sign Minor Waiver at PNTC HQ. Do not bring a minor by yourself and shoot in the match. Minors must be under DIRECT SUPERVISON of a parent or legal guardian AT ALL TIMES at PNTC. All junior shooters must remain with a parent and must show that they are safe and have good conduct.